The Vitality Open is live and running! (It is now closed, as i write this post 17.12.2018)
(PLEASE SEE BELOW, SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT THE VITALITY OPEN MANAGED TO ACHIEVE.)
i know it sounds like a golf game. However, it is not… it is Discovery’s attempt to get the whole of South Africa moving/ active and driving well.
To do this, Discovery have “opened” Vitality to all of South Africa (for those who own a smart phone), for 10 weeks.
How do you take part in the Vitality Open?
Download the app and register.
Why would you want to take part in the Vitality Open?
Well, you would-
a. be able to watch your activity, are you moving enough and doing enough… thinking/ being aware of your activity levels prompts you to improve… so you could end up having more endorphins and happiness during the day.
b. You can add your friends and see if they get to their goals, which helps with your bragging rights… if you are getting to your goal.
c. the biggest reason is that you get to play the game board for prizes… small ones like free coffee’s and smoothies, up to bigger hidden “diamonds” containing gifts and gadgets… or even bigger hidden “diamonds” that could contain International flights and holidays.
There is nothing really to lose (other than Discovery having your data somewhere in its ecosystem -like Google already do) and LOTS to gain…
More information taken right from the Discovery Vitality Open page here. (click link)
Please remember to add me as a friend below (I want another chance at the game to win a trip)!
Here’s a little video for you:
Add me as a friend on Vitality Active Rewards
Join me for the Vitality Open!
Tap here (https://www.discovery.co.za:443/portal/individual/vitality-active-rewards-mobile?code=KENNETWe5d) to add me to your friends list or enter my code KENNETWe5d in your Discovery app.
Details (incl. prizes, Vitality Active Rewards, Ts & Cs) here: discv.co/VitalityOpen
GOOD LUCK ALL!!
P.s. here is the video on how to invite your friends to the Vitality Open
More information on the Vitality Open
Here are the links to the Discovery posts about the Vitality Open for more information.
SO… WHAT DID THE VITALITY OPEN MANAGE TO ACHIEVE?
(From an email notification from Discovery Vitality)
- During the Vitality Open, we tracked enough steps to get us to the Moon and back, 130 times.
- In terms of safe driving, we drove 461 million kilometres. That’s 600 times to the Moon and back.
- New participants – your invited friends and family – increased their physical activity by 34% over the 10 weeks.
- Millions of gameboard plays and reward points were earned through weekly goal achievement and bonus play challenges.
- Thanks to MoveToGive donations, over 42 000 meals were provided to children in need through FoodForward SA, and we were able to build a ‘Dream Room’ with Reach For A Dream at the Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital for children with life-threatening illnesses.