The Medical Scheme’s Act allows employer groups to switch between medical schemes on the 1st of January without any waiting periods.
Most medical schemes give their own name to this type of business, e.g. “concession business”, “status d” business and so on.
The reason for this posting is that schemes will want the application from companies that want to move to them, before the end of September.
IF YOU WANT TO MOVE YOUR COMPANIES MEDICAL SCHEME TO DISCOVERY HEALTH, YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME URGENTLY>>> REQUIREMENTS ARE DUE BY 30 SEPTEMBER 2018.
So, if as an employer group/ company you are unsatisfied with your medical scheme, now is the time to get your application in to the company that you want to change to.
Most schemes will send you their criteria for this move if you specifically ask for it.
Here is the criteria of the biggest “open” medical scheme in South Africa:
- There must be two or more principal lives within the group.
- All individuals must be employees or pensioners of the same company/ employer group.
- The company/employer group and all members joining, must currently belong to a registered South African medical aid scheme.
- There must not be a break in membership when members transfer from their current medical scheme.
- All covered individuals must agree to transfer their memberships to the new scheme on the 1st of January.
If you are a company that wants to move schemes, i would be happy to help…if the scheme that you want to move to is one we service and we would expect to be brokers on the new scheme.
Remember, it Pays to have Cover!