Capital Legacy have updated their Islamic will offering for clients
I have received the following information from Capital Legacy, and have put up this blog post, so that you are made aware of this offering.
As always, you can use the contact form at the bottom of this post for any queries.
(I will relay the request for a trained will consultant at Capital Legacy to contact you.)
As a company aiming to WOW and thinking BIG, we have taken Islamic Wills to the next level and are pleased to introduce a fully compliant Islamic offering to your clients.
“It is not permissible for any Muslim who has something to will, to stay for two nights without having his Last Will and Testament written and kept ready with him” (Bukhari)
Capital Legacy has always offered an Islamic Will to clients, however we have gone the extra mile to ensure that our Will is vetted and certified as a compliant Islamic Last Will and Testament.
Our Islamic Will was processed through a strict audit to certify and confirm compliance with the Islamic Religion. As a result, our Islamic Will has been certified by the leading M.S. Omar & Associates and by the Office of the Master of the High Court to ensure strict compliance with the Shari’ah as well as South African Law.
We have a signed certificate from M.S. Omar & Associates as proof of this, which has been added to the back of our Islamic Last Will and Testament Guidelines Document. Our staff have been trained by experts and advised by the highest calibre to ensure that the legal requirements are met and that every aspect of your clients compliant Will is fulfilled. We also have the specialised abilities to be able to execute your client’s estate in accordance with the Islamic Laws and their wishes as set out in their Islamic Will.
Why make an Islamic will?
- If you die without leaving a Will you are deemed to have died ‘intestate’ and so your wealth will be distributed in accordance with South African Law, which do not apply the same criteria as those laid down by the Shari’ah.
- Ensuring that your wishes are followed avoiding unnecessary family disputes after you have passed away.
If you have children under the age of 18, and you and your spouse should die, then the courts may take the decision as to who looks after them. By appointing legal guardians in your Will you can ensure that this doesn’t happen.
It’s a quick and simple process to make a Islamic compliant Will and it comes at no cost to you.
- By leaving a gift in your Will to a charitable cause – it helps not only the beneficiaries, but can help you too – for sadaqa jariya (ongoing charity) is an action that continues to be rewarded after death.
Absolutely anyone can have their Islamic Will drafted with Capital Legacy.
Set up an appointment with your client at the convenience of their home or office at a time they prefer.
- Send a Legacy Consultant to draft their Islamic Last Will and Testament at no cost.
- Illustrate their applicable Executor, Testamentary Trust and Conveyance Fees applicable at death.
Offer an optional Legacy Protection Plan™ to cover all these fees from as little as R40.00 per month.
For more information on Capital Legacy’s Islamic will offering, you can download their brochure
I have also put the Capital Legacy application for an Islamic Will here, so that you can review at your leisure: